A warplane carried out air strikes on an airport in a town in western Libya causing a minor damage to a passenger terminal, an official said on Wednesday.
No casualties were reported of the attack that occurred in Zintan, one of the towns hosting Lybian forces that have allied with the internationally recognised government.
These forces have sided with Prime Minister Abdullah al-Thinni’s government against the rival administration set up by forces who took over Tripoli during factional fighting in Libya.
The airplane that executed the strikes could not be identified with no party claiming responsibility for the attack but forces loyal to Thinni’s government and armed factions allied with Tripoli have carried out tit-for-tat air strikes for weeks on infrastructure and oil facilities as part of their conflict.
On 18 January 2014, the Libyan air force attacked targets in the south of Libya because of unrest blamed on forces loyal to ousted leader Muammar Gaddafi.
- Islamic State Senior Commander Arrested in Northwestern Libya OSINT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016, a senior Islamic State commander […]
- No Lawyers for Gaddafi’s Sons in Libya The sons of Muammar Gaddafi, the slain leader of Libya have no access to lawyers as […]
- Bangladeshi Hostages in Libyan Oil Field Attack Released By Islamic State Two Bangladeshi citizens who were kidnapped from the al-Ghani oil field in Libya were […]
- Army Advances Push ISIS Fighters in Libyan Cities of Benghazi and Ajdabiya OSINT SUMMARY BENGHAZI, Libya: 22nd February 2016, credible OSINT summaries reveal […]
- Maghreb Countries Push For National Unity Government Formation In Libya Event Summary: On 6th September, Niger, Algeria and Chad through a joint statement […]
- Gaddafi Son’s Absent as Trial Starts at Tripoli’s Al-Hadba prison None of the Gaddafi sons is present in the courtroom at Tripoli's Al-Hadba […]
- Mauritania’s Abdallah al-Senussi, Ex-Intelligence Chief Saga With Libya Abdallah al-Senussi was arrested by Mauritania secret service police after evading […]
- Libyan Government Forces Claim to Retake Key Eastern Oilfields Terminals OSINT SUMMARY Forces allied to the Libya unity government on Sunday launched […]