Friday 5th February 2016, counter-terrorism police today arrested an Al-Shabaab terrorist identified as Ahmed Yare in Bula Pesa Isiolo area of NEP Kenya.
The Isiolo police arrested and detained the Al-Shabaab suspect believed to hail from Mandera County according to Isiolo County Criminal Investigations Officer David Cheruiyot.
The arresting officers also confirmed that the assailant Ahmed Yare who is 27 years old had a gunshot wound on his back.
CID officers from Mandera and Isiolo are interrogating the suspect and have requested the court to grant us ten days for further investigation Mr Cheruiyot added.
Counter-terrorism police have intensified search for members of the Al-Shabaab in the region.
Yare’s arrest comes only after two weeks when two primary school teachers in the region (Isiolo) were arrested for conducting radicalization and recruitment drive of young people to join the outlawed Al-Shabaab terrorist group.
In the beginning of the week (Monday 1st February 2016) four Al Shabaab militants were killed in coastal region while two fled with gunshots.
Public, nurses and doctors told to report anyone with gun wound seeking medication.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Two Teachers Linked To Al Shabaab Arrested by Police in Isiolo County SECURITY BRIEF Police have arrested two primary teachers in connection with […]
- Kenya Police Service Puts Sh 8 Million Bounty Reward on Four Al-Shabaab Terrorists SECURITY BRIEF Kenya Police Service Friday 26th February 2016, offered a bounty […]
- 7 Al-Shabaab Suspects Arrested in Bulo-Burde NISA Security Mop-up Operation BULO-BURDE, Somalia, March 6, 2016, Reports from Somalia indicate that security […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Arrest Student En-route To Libya To Join Islamic State Terrorist Group OSINT SUMMARY Kenya’s security officers confirmed that on Thursday 18, 2016, they are […]
- Ishmael Wafula, a Terror Suspect Arrested in Bungoma by Anti-Terror Police A suspected terrorist who had been on detective’s radar was on Friday evening […]
- President Uhuru Kenyatta Direct Recruitment of 10,000 More Police Officers into Training Colleges SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 […]
- Four Somali Nationals Charged and Fined 5.5 Million Each Over Illegal Travel Documents in Kenya OSINT SUMMARY 5th February 2016, Four Somali nationals who were arrested have […]