- Afghan security forces launched a major offensive and arrested at least nine members of Taliban militant group in southern province of Kandahar.
- Saturday 22nd August 2015, from the statement of Afghanistan’s National Directorate of Security (NDS), the militants are now under custody of the authorities, detained.
- The detainees were involved with various terrorist activities in Kandahar including roadside bombings.
- According to NDS statement, the militants had confessed to their crimes in the early stages of investigation.
- Afghan security forces in the recent months have stepped up attacks against Taliban hideouts across the war-torn country.
Towards the end of April 2015, there has been a major surge in violence across Afghanistan over the past months.
Taliban militants pledged to expand their campaigns against Afghan and foreign forces as part of what the militants termed as spring offensive.
Afghanistan has experienced insecurity for nearly 14 years. This is after the US together with NATO allies invaded the country in 2001 in war on terror campaigns.
The US-led offensive unseated the militant group from power, for many years the country plunged into violence, beset with armed clashes, frequent bombings and killings.
Summary & Forecast
Though the US-led combat mission in Afghanistan came to an end in 31st December 2014, at least 13200 foreign forces mainly from US have remained in the country in support for the mission. Insecurity continues across the country despite presence of thousands of US-led troops.
US-led NATO forces to focus mainly on counter-terrorism and training Afghan soldiers and policemen. The new Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Muhammad Mansour has accepted oaths of allegiance from the al Qaeda affiliates except from the Al Shabaab, the support means increased insurgency against Afghan government and pro-government forces expected.
- U.S. Call on Uzbekistan to Join the Fight against Islamic State Militants KEY HIGHLIGHTS United States has called on Uzbekistan to join multinational coalition […]
- US Drone Strike Kills Dozens Taliban Militants in Afghanistan At least five militants militants linked to Taliban were on Saturday night killed by US […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]
- Afghan Police Operation Rescue 78 Afghans Taken Hostage By Taliban Takfiris OSINT SUMMARY Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant […]
- 70 Al Shabaab Killed, 30 Arrested In Puntland As Militants Flee The KDF’s Dominated South Towards Northern Somalia Highlights: At least 70 al Shabaab have been killed and 30 others arrested […]
- Two Taliban Commanders among 11 Terrorists Killed in Helmand Airstrike Thursday 23/2/2017, at least 11 Taliban terrorists were killed in an airstrike […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Afghan Security Forces Foil Terror Attacks on Kabul City Event August 3, 2015, Afghanistan’s National Directorate of Security (NDS) issue […]