- August 3, 2015, Afghanistan’s National Directorate of Security (NDS) issue a statement that its forces detained at least four top militants.
- The Afghan security forces raid a militant hideout in the 8th police district of Kabul city and foil a series of potentially devastating attacks and seize a large quantity of weapons.
- The militants had intended to carry out a string of deadly attacks on Afghan presidential place, Defense Ministry and two US-led NATO bases across the troubled city.
Afghanistan is faced by a huge challenge of regular militant attacks. Taliban, AQIM and Al Qaeda terror network are the main terrorist groups in Afghanistan.
The militants believed to have received military training inside Pakistan’s northwestern tribal region near the border with Afghanistan.
Kabul city is the capital of Afghanistan and is a home to key government establishments and also has NATO bases making it a prone and troubled city to terrorism activities.
Militants pride in committing attacks on government installations and destroying of any pro-government establishment. In this case the foiled attack was to cause devastating consequences as the militant were planning to attack on presidential place, Defense Ministry as well as two US-led NATO bases.
The US-led NATO forces invaded Afghanistan in 2001 with the stated objective of curbing militancy and bringing peace and stability to the region.
Relations between Kabul and Islamabad traditionally are mired in distrust. Afghanistan and Pakistan blame each other for Taliban-led insurgency plunging in both countries.
Kabul blame elements within the Paskitani spy agency (Inter Service Intelligence) to be supporting Taliban militants while on the other hand Islamabad blames Afghanistan for sheltering the militants.
With this blame game, militancy in these two countries is will not decline in the coming days, even after 14 years, Afghanistan is still battling with rampant militancy.
- Al Qaeda, ISIS Finding Haven In Afghanistan; Calls For US And NATO Military Intervention Event Summary: US President Barack Obama on 15th October 2015 announced that his […]
- Kabul Attack, Many Civilians Feared Dead: President Ashraf Ghani EVENT SUMMARY KABUL, April 19, 2016: Many civilians are feared to have been […]
- Afghan Security Forces Launches Major Offensive against Taliban Militants, 9 Arrested in Kandahar Key Highlights Afghan security forces launched a major offensive and arrested at […]
- Afghan Forces Thwart A Major Islamic State Attack & Kill 35 Militants KEY HIGHLIGHTS Sunday 27th September 2015, hundreds of Islamic State militants staged […]
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- Senior Daesh Commander Killed in CT-Operation in Afghanistan A veteran commander of Islamic State (IS) terrorist group has been killed following a […]
- Taliban Militant in Guise of Afghan Soldiers Attack Kandahar Airport, 8 Killed OSINT REPORT 9th December 2015, at least eight have reportedly been killed in an […]
- Suicide Bomber Detonates Near Kabul Airport in Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY Monday 4th January 2016, a suicide bomber struck a street heading to […]