Afghan Defence Minister and his army chief resigned Monday 24/4/2017 following one of the deadliest Taliban attack on a military base.
President Ashraf Ghani has accepted the resignation of the defence minister and army chief of while twelve other army officers including two generals also got sacked for negligence over the attack.
Angry Afghans took to the street and called for resignations of minister Abdullah Habibi and army chief Qadam Shah Shaheem, among other officials, after the assault outside the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif on Friday.
Ten Taliban terrorists guised in soldiers' uniforms and armed with suicide vests entered the military base in army trucks and opened fire at unarmed troops at close range in the mosque and dining hall killing more than 100 soldiers and injuring several.
The exact toll from the assault remains unclear while U.S. has said that at least 50 soldiers were killed, and some local officials have put the number of dead alone as high as 130.
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- Saudi Arabia To Send Troops to Syria to Bolster War on Terror OSINT SUMMARY 9th February 2016, Saudi Arabia has announced that it will send troops […]
- Islamic State & Taliban Takfiris Clashes Leaves 13 Militants Killed in Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Over a dozen Takfiris were killed when rival factions between […]
- Iran & Russia Plan to Co-produce Sukhoi Su-30 Multirole Fighter Jet MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Iran’s Defence Minister revealed that Tehran and Moscow are […]
- Pakistani Taliban Confirms Senior Commanders Killed in Pakistan-Afghan Border Pakistani Taliban confirmed through a statement released through their pro-media that […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- Drone Strike Kills Qari Salim, Taliban Key Commander in E. Afghan Province A Taliban key commander in the eastern Ghazni province, Qari Salim alias Sabawon, has […]