A mother of a suspected terrorists on Monday 13/3/2017 appeared before Milimani Court where she will be charged for abetting crime.
She will be charged on grounds of indirectly supporting Al-Shabaab terrorists’ activities in Somalia.
Authorities say the mother of the suspected Al-Shabaab member identified as Eric Njoroge Wachira, will be charged withholding information that would have helped in arresting the suspect, contrary to the Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2012.
The mother will be charged alongside Wachira’s girlfriend who according to authorities have said have been constantly receiving calls from the suspect in Somalia but failed to report to the police.
Wachira travelled to Somalia in November 2016.
According to a report from anonymous who knew Eric before disappearing in Somalia, the suspect had developed a keen interest in on jihadist literature and videos that promoted violent extremism in the social media.
Eric isolated himself and most of the time he would lock himself in his room while watching the video or reading the books according the report noted.
The suspect later converted to Islam and he talked more of martyrdom. He even talked of relocating from Kenya hoping find peace.
There have been increased cases radicalization among the youth who end up fighting for Al-Shabaab in Somalia but their families and relatives remain quiet on such matters.
- Brother to Most Wanted Al-Shabaab Suspect Charged with Aiding Terrorists A brother to a most wanted Al-Shabaab suspect was charged with aiding terrorists […]
- British National Arrested in an Al-Shabaab Swoop in Gigiri Police drawn from Flying Squad and Special Crime Prevention Unit Tuesday midday […]
- Al Muhajiroun Denies Links To Radical Preacher Accused Of Terrorism In The UK Event: Radical preacher Anjem Choudary appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ […]
- Four ISIS Suspects Detained for 3 Days as Probe Continues A Kenyan court on Wednesday 12th October 2016 ordered four ISIS suspects to be […]
- 3 Confessed ISIS Conspirators Sentenced to 10 and 15 Years in Prison The case for second batch of Somali-American arrested for providing material support […]
- Kenya’s Suspected ISIS-Linked Operative Rearrested, Taken to Court Kenya’s most wanted terror operative linked to the Islamic State (ISIS) was […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Questions Rashid Juma Mwakimako, Al-Shabaab Recruiter in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Police reports from Mombasa indicate that Kenya’s […]
- AMISOM’s Burundian Troops Foiled Attack Targeting its Convoy in Somalia AMISOM’s Burundian troops successfully an attack that targeted the […]