The vicious leader of Islamic State in Afghanistan was killed in a joint ant-terror raid conducted in eastern Nangarhar province, Afghan and U.S. military officials confirmed Sunday.
The terror figure identified as Sheikh Abdul Hasib, was the emir of Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant – Khorasan Province (ISIS-K) in Afghanistan and was responsible for dozens of attacks.
Notably, Hasib was the mastermind of the deadly Kabul hospital attack that killed more than 30 people and injured another 80.
Hasib directed the attack on the Sardar Mohammad Daoud Khan hospital which resulted in the death and injury of several of our fellow citizens, Afghan Presidential Palace said in a statement.
Dozens of Afghan and American Special Forces in a joint operation killed Sheikh Abdul Hasib alongside his 35 fighters. The combined operation against an IS took place in their cave hideout’s and tunnel in Achin district.
Other high-ranking IS leaders also are said to have been killed in the April 27 operation.
The Islamic State appointed Hasib last year following the death of his predecessor, Hafiz Saeed Khan – a former Pakistani Taliban commander who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in the same Afghan province.
The slain IS chief also directed fighters to behead local elders in front of their families, ordered the kidnapping of women and girls to forcibly marry them off to his fighters, US military officials showed.
- 14 Daesh Takfiri Militants Killed in Eastern Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY 2nd January 2016, Afghan air force strikes have pounded on […]
- New U.S. Drone Strike Kills 40 Daesh Takfiris in Eastern Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY, April 15, 2016 New U.S. drone strike has left more than 40 […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]
- North Carolina Man Pleads Guilty Conspiring with Islamic State Recruiter A North Carolina man pleaded guilty for conspiring with top Islamic […]
- Afghan Air Force Strikes Kills 68 Daesh Militants in Eastern Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY 29th December 2015, at least 68 members of Daesh Takfiri terrorists […]
- Iraqi Special Forces Drive Daesh Out of Three More Regions of Mosul A senior Iraqi army commander has confirmed that his troops have driven Islamic State […]
- Islamic State & Taliban Takfiris Clashes Leaves 13 Militants Killed in Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Over a dozen Takfiris were killed when rival factions between […]
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]