Uganda issued a statement, through its president, Yoweri Kaguta Museveni confirming 7 soldiers as missing in action after their base at Janaale 80 Kilometers from Mogadishu was ambushed by terrorists.
Military Intelligence confirmed 7 soldiers were captured alive by the Somali Islamist militants Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen.
Uganda has put the number to 6 though intelligence reports show a different figure.
19 Uganda’s People Defense Forces (UPDF) officers were killed in the terror attack.
President Museveni reported the sacking and subsequent court martial of the base commanders besides cited poor alertness at the base as main factor that then led to the killing of 19 soldiers and the capture of 7 officers.
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- UPDF Soldiers Facing Military Court Martial over Janaale Attack as Death Tolls At 19 Four senior commanders of the Uganda People’s Defence Force (UPDF) fighting in Somalia […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- 7 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Killed in KDF Ambush, Military Reports Kenya Defense Forces conducted a successful operation against the Somalia based Islamist […]
- Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) Dismises El-Adde FOB Remnants Court Martial Allegations Military Intelligence Officials have dismissed information propagated and […]
- 7 Somali Soldiers Killed, Reinforcements Ambushed at Yaaqbariweyne Somalia 7 Somali soldiers were killed when their camp outside Yaaqbariweyne village was […]
- Uganda’s Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Katumba Wamala Warns against Laxity by UPDF Soldiers in Somalia Uganda’s Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Katumba Wamala warned against laxity and […]