A 60-year old woman was charged in a Nairobi court for managing property belonging to a terrorist.
The woman was collecting rent from the property of suspected Al-Shabaab militant and remitting the money to Kismayu in Somalia
The woman identified as Rose Awinja Ondumu however denied two charges of dealing with property owned by a terrorist and collecting of funds financing terrorists’ activities.
Police investigation indicate that for a span of four years, Awinja has been managing a property at Umoja Estate Nairobi within Nairobi County owned by the slain Anwar Yogan Mwok, a member of Al-Shabaab.
The prosecution said the house is located at Nasra Gardens Estate plot number 157/826 Zone B within Umoja II and neighbours Mama Lucy Hospital.
Investigations continues after Awinja was released on a bond and after saying she is sick and that was on medication.
- 3 Suspected Al-Shabaab Financiers Arrested by ATPU in Malindi Three of six suspected Al-Shabaab arrested by Anti-Terrorism Police (ATPU) in Shella […]
- Brother to Most Wanted Al-Shabaab Suspect Charged with Aiding Terrorists A brother to a most wanted Al-Shabaab suspect was charged with aiding terrorists […]
- Garden City Mall Terror Alert Dismissed, Termed as Hoax & Propaganda Kenya security agents has dismissed any terror threat in the country and downplayed […]
- Terrorist’s Accomplice Arrested after Botched Attack at Mombasa Central Police Station Police have arrested one person in connection with the botched terrorist attack at […]
- Police Anti-human Trafficking Operation Nabs 35 Ethiopians in Nairobi, Kenya Police on Tuesday 11th October 2016 – night conducted anti-human trafficking […]
- U.S. Court Convicts Two Women for Financing Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group A U.S. court on Tuesday convicted two women for financing the Somali based Al-Shabaab […]
- Anti-Terror Police Arrest Rama Ali, Suspected Al-Shabaab Returnee in Likoni, Mombasa Kenya Rama Ali a suspected Al-Shabaab returnee was earlier in the week arrested in Likoni, […]
- Security Agencies on Alert Following Intelligence on Injured Terrorists in KDF-Kolbiyow Camp Kenya’s security agencies are on high alert following intelligence on the […]