The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab conducted raids on militants’ hideouts and killed six operatives of a Taliban faction responsible for latest attacks in the country.
The CTD officers surrounded a hideout of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistans Jamaatul Ahrar faction in Multan late on Wednesday and ordered the suspects inside to surrender.
The militants engaged the officers on gun battle whereby six were killed while three escaped, the department added.
The militants reportedly had killed two bomb disposal officers in Quetta. A suicide bomber blew himself up outside a government office near Peshawar on Wednesday, killing five people.
Jamaatul Ahrar attacks have underlined the threat militants pose to the government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif despite military operation Zarb-e-Azb launched in 2014 to push them out of their strongholds near the Afghan border.
According to the government, militants launch attacks from the Afghan side of the border citing security breach.
- Suicide Bomber Detonates at Pakistani Hospital, Helpless Patients Casualties Reported In a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State, it’s saddening that the […]
- Security Forces Kill 36 Terrorists in CT-Operations after Sehwan Attack Pakistani security forces killed 36 terrorists in Karachi and its surrounding […]
- Taliban Suicide Bomber Kills 12 in NW Pakistan Officials in northwestern Pakistan say a suspected suicide blast Tuesday killed at least […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- Suicide Bomber Detonates Near Kabul Airport in Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY Monday 4th January 2016, a suicide bomber struck a street heading to […]
- 4 Troops, 9 Terrorists Killed in Northwest Pakistan Military reports from Pakistan indicate that nine terrorists including two suicide […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]