Clan fighters loyal to the former defense minister Barre Hiiraale clashed with Al-Shabaab militants; six fighters were killed and six AK 47 rifles recovered.
The clash happened at El Wak town. El Wak is a divided city on the Somalia-Kenya border. The Somalian portion is located in the southwestern Gedo region.
The clash happened on Tuesday night after Al-Shabaab fighters allegedly mounted ambush to the base of the fighters prompting hours of fighting.
Contradicting OSINT reports say that the Al-Shabaab militants had mounted attack on an SNA military base in El Wak.
Bare Hiraale had a military base in El Wak town. One of the commanders’ in charge of the fighters also sustained gun injuries as the rest of the Al-Shabaab militants reportedly fled.
The clan fighters/guards are helping SNA in Al-Shabaab cleanup operations especially in the militant-held Gedo region.
- KDF Convoy Escape Roadside Landmine near El Wak, Engage Militants Friday 3rd February 2017: Latest Military Intelligence reports from Somalia indicate […]
- KDF & U.S-SF Take Badhadhe from Al-Shabaab Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) backed by US- Special Forces on Tuesday reportedly […]
- KDF Troops Repulses Al-Shabaab Ambush on Jubbaland Army Base AFMADOW Somalia, March 16, 2016 Tuesday night, Al-Shabaab militants launched […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- KDF Convoy Ambushed By Al-Shabaab Militants Between Qoqani and Afmadow in Somalia EVENT SUMMARY Somali based militant group Al-Shabaab ambushed a KDF convoy […]
- KDF Kills 15 Al-Shabaab Terrorists, Destroy their Camp in Gedo, Somalia On 10th April 2017, at around 0600hrs, Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) which is operating […]
- SNA Kill 11 Al-Shabaab Militants in Gedo, Southern Somalia EVENT SUMMARY Wednesday 25th May 2016, at least 11 Al-Shabaab militants were […]
- KDF Air Operations Kill 57 Al-Shabaab Militants West of Kismayo Thursday 2/3/2017, Kenya Defence Forces – KDF conducted surgical military […]