March 23, 2016: The Nigerian military said that on Monday they killed at least 58 Boko Haram terrorists and seized cache of weapons and food supplies being ferried to the militants.
According to the military statement, the terrorists were killed by troops of the Army’s 153 Task Force Brigade and 5 Brigade who executed the decimation operation in Musari Area of Borno State. The militants are among the Boko Haram remnants that have remained in the area following thorough clearance operations by the army.
The military recovered 2 hand grenades, 52 motorcycles, several bags of food supplies; beans, onions, sweet potatoes, guinea corn and cartons of fish.
The past two day have been very active and successful for the Nigerian troops as they have smoked out militants in the following areas Abukarti, Baradili, Borgozo, Gaijaribul Abukar, kolomi, Marguba, Umarumi and Yasori 1 and 2 and detonated explosive devices both by the roadsides and in several buildings in the areas herein mentioned.
Nigerian troops have in the past few months changed tact in dealing with the Boko Haram with most of the operation missions being offensive and ‘guerilla-like’ aping the militants to incorporate the element of surprise and smoke them out of their hideouts.
- Nigeria To Establish Naval Outpost At Lake Chad Region; Seaborne Attack Preparation Highlights: Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the […]
- Nigerian Troops Repel Boko Haram Suicide Bombers, Kill 6 Militants MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, 17/2/2017: Latest military reports from Nigeria indicate at least […]
- 180 Hostages Rescued, 5 Boko Haram Killed As 2 Kingpins Are Arrested By Nigerian Police March 24, 2016: Nigerian military said that it has rescued 180 hostages mostly women […]
- Nigerian Troops Destroy Boko Haram Market & Rescue 195 Captives OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Wednesday 17th February 2016 discovered a market […]
- Nigerian Army Rescues 80 Hostages, Women and Children in ‘Operation Tiger Claw’ OSINT SUMMARY NIGERIA, Borno State: Nigerian army and well-articulated […]
- Nigerian Army Kill 6 Boko Haram Insurgents in Borno State Nigerian Army killed six Boko Haram insurgents during a battle in Borno […]
- 2 Girls ‘Suicide Bombers’ Blow Themselves Up near Crowded Nigerian Market Two young girls possibly seven or eight year old died in an explosion in a crowded […]
- Nigerian Army Claim Victory Over Boko Haram After Killing 19 in Borno Attack OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Saturday 4th June 2016 claimed victory over […]