4,000 Extra AMISOM Troops Needed to Liberate More Areas in Somalia
According to a report compiled by CCTV news, African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) is in need of an additional 4,000 troops in order to liberate the remaining territories still controlled by Al-Shabaab terrorists in Jubba valley and some other coastal areas.
According to the report, the additional soldiers will bolster the 21,000-strong force from the region that are currently on high alert to secure the ongoing Somalia elections.
Senior military commanders from all AMISOM sectors have been holding discussions in Mogadishu, to review and assess the mission’s effectiveness, when it comes to anti-terrorism operations.
The additional troops could be sourced from Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi or from fresh volunteers.
U.S. has also a small unit of Special Forces inside Somalia helping in war advisory and strategies.
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]
- AU Military Strategy Operations Committee Meeting in Djibouti The African Union Military Operation Coordination Committee (MOCC) met in Djibouti to […]
- UPDF Chief Visit Somalia, Calls for Speedy Security Sector Reforms The Chief of Defence Forces of Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF), Katumba Wamala […]
- President Museveni Visit Uganda’s UPDF Troops at Halane Military Camp in Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Uganda’s President Yoweri Musveni who had attended the […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- China Donates 36 Military Vehicles to Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) China has donated 36 military vehicles to Kenya Defence […]
- Uganda Sends 2,745 Troops to Boost War against Al-Shabaab in Somalia Uganda has sent 2,745 troops to boost the ongoing operation against Al-Shabaab […]