4 ‘Jihadi Brides’ previously arrested for being members of al Qaeda affiliates in East Africa; Al Shabaab were on Thursday December 10th charged with extra charge of conspiracy to commit a terrorism act.
The four women had been charged with being members of a terrorism organization which were expedited to conspiring to commit an act of terrorism on Kenyan soil.
Halima Ali, Khadija Abdulkadir, Mariam Aboud and Ummulkhayr Abdula were arraigned in a Mombasa County court with additional charges of conspiracy to commit an act of terrorism on Kenyan soil alongside previous charges of being members of Al Shabaab a designated terrorist outfit.
The four didn’t plead to the charges that involved colluding with foreigners to carry out terrorist acts in Kenya, and arranging meeting aimed at supporting terrorist and their activities.
Kenya Director of Public Prosecutor’s office said that according to new cyber intelligence the women have contacts in Canada, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Rwanda, Tanzania, Sudan, UAE, Turkey, UK and the US. The contacts were used to recruit for the al Shabaab abroad according to information recovered from a laptop in their possession.
The four women dubbed jihadi brides are among al Shabaab domestic linkages that the militants use to recruit both men and women to serve in the jihadi war as well as coordinating with al Shabaab sympathizers in Kenya.
Kenya has put up stringent judicial measures to ensure that suspects arrested stand fair trial and at the same time ensuring that they are not allowed back in the society in the event they are found guilty to advance their violent extremist agenda.
- Cyber Crime Reports Link Four Kenyan Women to International Terrorists Four women accused in Kenya of links with terror groups were found in possession […]
- Four Shebaab ‘Brides’ Charged Over Terror Attack Plot EVENT On March 27, 2015, the Shebaab brides were arrested at El Wak border point in […]
- Leaders who Attended 28th AU Summit in Addis Ababa Hail Progress in Africa The recently concluded 28th Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia hailed on significant […]
- Great Lakes Region Military Chiefs Meet To Deliberate On Regional Peace, Security And Burundi’s Crisis February 9th 2016: The military chiefs of the armed forces of the countries that […]
- South Africa’s Jacob Zuma Leads AU Presidents Delegation To Burundi; Accelerate Political Dialogue Event Summary: February 26, 2016: An African Union delegation sent by the new AU […]
- South Sudan Officially Admitted To The East African Community Economic Bloc Highlights: South Sudan has officially been admitted to the East African […]
- Kenya and UAE Join Forces to Fight Al Shabaab Terrorist Group Key Points Kenya Government determined to win the fight against terror within East […]
- Kenya’s Regional Dominance & Power; Nairobi’s Geo-Strategic & Political Value Uncontestable Events Summary In the past recent months, the preying eyes […]