According to latest military reports from Niger, 38 Boko Haram Islamist terrorists were killed in military operations carried out by Niger and Chad in the Diffa region of southeast Niger.
In an operation that began on Friday, the joint troops targeted Boko Haram terrorists’ bastions in southeast Niger.
Confirming the operations successes, Moustapha Ledru Niger defence ministry spokesman noted that two soldiers were slightly wounded in the battle front and on the enemy side, 38 terrorists were killed.
According to villagers in the affected region, Boko Haram fighters attacked Gueskerou town which is about 30 kilometers from Diffa on Wednesday night.
Boko Haram based in Nigeria has extended insurgency in the neighbouring countries including Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
To neutralized and preempt threat posed by terrorist group affiliated to the Islamic State, a multinational force, drawn from Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon, was formed in July 2016 to tackle the Islamic insurgents and edge them out of towns and villages.
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Boko Haram Terrorist Group seen Weakening in Cameroon Boko Haram has drastically scaled down attacks in Cameroon in the recent months, […]
- Nigerien Defense and Security Forces Launches Armed Offensive against Boko Haram OSINT SUMMARY Nigerien Defense and Security Forces (FDS) have launched […]
- Boko Haram Fighters Surrendering in Large Numbers Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Boko Haram fighters are […]
- Nigerian Troops Repel Boko Haram Suicide Bombers, Kill 6 Militants MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, 17/2/2017: Latest military reports from Nigeria indicate at least […]
- West African Countries To Set Joint Anti-extremist Force EVENT SUMMARY June 7, 2016, West African leaders resolved to set up a joint […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- Islamic State Announces Abu Musab al-Barnawi New Boko Haram Emir, Shekau Insists He is Still In-charge The Middle East based Islamic State on Wednesday3rd August 2016 in an audio released […]