Lower Shabelle, March 14, 2016
At least 30 Al-Shabaab suspected were arrested in a major security swoop in Lower Shabelle region.
Somali security forces launched security sweeps in the region following hand grenade explosions on Sunday that targeted government troops.
The army crackdown raided Al-Shabaab suspects in Marko, Barawe and Afgoye town on Monday.
According to Ali Nur the deputy governor of Lower Shabelle region, the police and army launched a joint operation in renewed efforts to flush out Al-Shabaab elements in the named towns and surrounding.
Lower Shabelle falls under the control of Ugandan (UPDF) troops in sector 1 of AMISOM command.
- 7 Al-Shabaab Suspects Arrested in Bulo-Burde NISA Security Mop-up Operation BULO-BURDE, Somalia, March 6, 2016, Reports from Somalia indicate that security […]
- Security Mop-Up Operations in Barawe and Afgooye Nabs Over 20 Linked To Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group BARAWE, AFGOOYE Somalia, March 16, 2016 Latest military reports from Somalia […]
- National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) Confiscate Illegal Weapons in Central Somalia ADADO TOWN, Somalia , March 7, 2016 The National Intelligence and security agency […]
- SNA and AMISOM Forces Retake Qoordhere From Al-Shabaab Militants MILITARY BRIEF Latest military reports from Somalia indicate SNA supported by […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Raid Al-Shabaab Training Camp near Jowhar Town, Somalia MILITARY BRIEF February 29, 2016, Military reports from Somalia indicate that SNA […]
- SNA and AMISOM Forces Launch Joint Mop-up Operations in Baladweyne, Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Somalia government forces backed by AMISOM troops launched massive […]
- Somalia National Army Clash With Al-Shabaab Fighters Near Mahaday MAHADAY Somalia, March 11, 2016 A fierce fighting erupted between SNA forces […]
- Puntland Forces Regains Control of Gara’ad After Al-Shabaab Retreat PUNTLAND Somalia, March 16, 2016 EVENT Al-Shabaab fighters […]