Three of six suspected Al-Shabaab arrested by Anti-Terrorism Police (ATPU) in Shella Malindi last week Friday were taken to a Malindi court on Tuesday.
Abdirahim Salim Mohamed, Salim Abdulkarim Salim and Nur Swaleh Mahdi appeared before chief magistrate but the court gave a 30-day extension to allow police complete investigations.
According to Malindi police chief, the other three who were found to be students were released though they will be investigated if they have links with Somali-based Islamists Al-Shabaab.
The accused were arrested in Malindi, Kilifi County on March 10/3/2017 in connection with financing Al-Shabaab terrorists group.
The lead detective in the case asked for more time to investigate Dahabshilin, a forex bureau that has an office in Malindi as well as taking their mobile phones and laptops to Nairobi for analysis.
- Police Arrest Seven Suspected Al-Shabaab Financiers in Malindi Police over the past weekend arrested seven suspected Al-Shabaab financiers in […]
- Terror Suspect Killed, 3 Arrested in Malindi Anti-terror Ops A terror suspect was killed and three others arrested during a shootout during […]
- Four ISIS Suspects Detained for 3 Days as Probe Continues A Kenyan court on Wednesday 12th October 2016 ordered four ISIS suspects to be […]
- A Kenyan Man Arrested Trying to Cross over to Somalia Illegally, Taken to Court A 20-old Kenyan man was arrested trying to sneak into Somalia illegally was taken and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Anti-Terror Police Arrest Ferooz Abubakar, a Coast Woman over Explosive Material Anti-terror police (ATPU) managed to arrest, Ferooz Abubakar, a coastal woman linked […]
- Security Operations in Coastal Region, Militants Arrested & Weapons Recovered PRESS RELEASE SUMMARY Police in collaboration with other security agencies […]
- SNA Nets Al-Shabaab Militants in Security Sweep in Bakol Southwest Somalia BAKOL Southwest Somalia, March 21, 2016 Security sweeps targeting Al-Shabaab […]