Three SNA soldiers perished when a car bomb exploded as they were trying to defuse it on Wednesday 17/5/2017 in Somali’s capital, Mogadishu.
Mogadishu police confirmed on the incident saying the brave men were dismantling part of the car when the IED fitted went off.
Two soldier died and another was injured. The third soldier died of the blast injuries minutes later.
Al-Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab through their military affairs spokesman Abdiasis Abu Musab said claimed responsibility exaggerating on a different figure.
Al-Shabaab which continues to lose large swathes of territory to African Union peacekeepers supporting the government, frequently launch raids and especially using car bombs in Mogadishu and other regions controlled by the federal government.
- Four SNA Soldiers Injured in Mogadishu Car Bomb Explosion A car fitted with explosives blew up a security checkpoint in the outskirts of Somali […]
- Somali Police Seize Abandoned Explosives-laden Vehicle in Hamarweyne, Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that police managed to seize an […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- NISA Security Forces Seize Car Laden with IED-Bombs in Mogadishu NISA security forces on Sunday night seized a car laden with explosives in capital […]
- Six Al-Shabaab Members Sentenced By A Somali Military Court EVENT SUMMARY Thursday 25th February 2016, Latest military reports from Somalia […]
- Somali Government Official Perish in Car Bombing in Mogadishu A Somali government official perished in a car bombing in Mogadishu on Tuesday […]
- Car Bomb Explosion Injures 4 in Mogadishu, Driver Arrested Four people on Monday afternoon were injured when a car bomb detonated at Suq-bacad […]
- SVBIED Explodes at Dayah Hotel in Somali Capital Mogadishu Latest military reports from Somalia and referenced by open sources indicate that, […]