Three Kenyans and a Somali refugee have been arrested in south Sudan en-route to join the vicious Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists in Libya.
The three Kenyans identified as Said Ahmed Dabow, Adan Sheikh, Mohamed Abdi Mohamed and a Somali national Abdiqani Abdishakur Shobaywere were arrested by South Sudanese security officers while seeking facilitation to travel to Libya.
According to security sources, the four were apprehended following close operations between the security agents of the two East African nations.
Kenyan Anti-terror police unit are now pursuing two Kenyan terror suspects identified as Ali Hussein Ali and Ibrahim Abasheikh. The two are believed to be recruiting Kenyans youths to join the terror network in Libya and other destinations.
These arrests come against the backdrop of intensified counter terrorism and anti-human trafficking efforts in the country and across the region.
Meanwhile, police are closely following the trails of Nicholas Karanja Mwangi alias Said Mwangi, an ISIS recruiter and radicaliser who is currently on the run.
- 3 Most Wanted Terror Suspects Linked to ISIS Arrested in Malindi Three wanted terror suspects were arrested during a police operation in coastal town […]
- Kenya’s Suspected ISIS-Linked Operative Rearrested, Taken to Court Kenya’s most wanted terror operative linked to the Islamic State (ISIS) was […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somalia’s Prime Minister Sharmarke Secures First Phase of Ceasefire between Galmudug and Puntland On Saturday 19th November 2016, Somalia’s Prime Minister Omar Sharmarke through […]
- Russia To Consider Selling Arms To Somalia and Libya Once Situation Improves MILITARY ACQUISITIONS, May 12, 2016 Russia announced it is ready to supply […]
- General Muhiyaden Ahmed Muse, Former Puntland Deputy Police Boss Appointed as Chief of Counter Terrorism According to media reports, General Muhiyaden Ahmed Muse, a former Puntland deputy […]
- Kenya Anti-terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) Arrest Two Students in Malindi over Links with Islamic States (IS) The Kenya’s anti-terror police (ATPU) on Monday 29th August 2016 intercepted […]
- 5 Al-Shabaab Operatives Killed in Seydhelow Southern Somalia At least 5 Al-Shabaab operatives were killed in the wake of battling between the […]