KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in eastern Afghanistan in the latest intensified airstrikes and ground offensives, the country’s Defense Ministry said on Wednesday.
Following a tip-off on Tuesday 9, the Afghan National Army (ANA) air force carried out precision air raids against militants’ hideouts in Gomal districts of eastern Paktika propvince, killing 17 Taliban terrorist.
The Defence ministry in a statement also confirmed the aerial bombardments destroyed a car bomb in the stricken hideout.
According to the statement, the army personnel also killed 10 Islamic State Takfiris during a ground offensive in Rodat district of the neighboring Nangarhar province on the same day.
During the operation, the army soldiers seized five AK 47 automatic guns, two machine guns, a rocket launcher and a telecommunication radio.
No member of security force was hurt during the above raids, the statement added.
The militant groups have in past few weeks suffered huge blows from the intensified Afghan airstrikes and ground offensives.
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- Islamic State & Taliban Takfiris Clashes Leaves 13 Militants Killed in Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Over a dozen Takfiris were killed when rival factions between […]
- Two Terrorists Linked To Islamic State Gunned Down by Egyptian Police in Cairo EVENT SUMMARY Two terrorists were on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 gunned down in a […]
- Afghan Forces Retake Key District in Takhar From Taliban Militants OSINT SUMMARY Afghan security forces managed to regain control of strategic […]
- Afghan Police Operation Rescue 78 Afghans Taken Hostage By Taliban Takfiris OSINT SUMMARY Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]