Two young girls possibly seven or eight year old died in an explosion in a crowded market in Nigeria killing one person and injuring 18.
A civil self-defence fighter stopped them but one bomber who appeared older than the other exploded followed by the younger one.
It remains unclear if the girls detonated the bombs or if they were detonated remotely.
The Maiduguri attack was not immediately claimed, but bore the hallmark of Boko Haram insurgents using innocent children as suicide bombers.
- Nigerian Troops Repel Boko Haram Suicide Bombers, Kill 6 Militants MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, 17/2/2017: Latest military reports from Nigeria indicate at least […]
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- Nigeria Army Confirms Death Of Boko Haram’s Chief Bomb Maker OSINT SUMMARY A statement from Nigerian Army confirms the killing of Boko […]
- Boko Haram Fighters Surrendering in Large Numbers Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Boko Haram fighters are […]
- Nigerian Army Claim Victory Over Boko Haram After Killing 19 in Borno Attack OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Saturday 4th June 2016 claimed victory over […]
- Nigeria Military Thwart Attack by 3 Female Suicide Bombers OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian soldiers on Tuesday thwarted what would have been a […]
- Nigerian Army Rescues 80 Hostages, Women and Children in ‘Operation Tiger Claw’ OSINT SUMMARY NIGERIA, Borno State: Nigerian army and well-articulated […]
- Two Killed in a Foiled Suicide Attack in Maiduguri, Nigeria A young suicide bomber and a local vigilante lost their lives in a foiled suicide […]