A total of 198 Somali officers graduated in Kismayo on Monday 23rd May 2016 after going through a rigorous 3-month training.
The training course was organized by the police component of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
The newly graduated police will be a big boost to a country facing security challenges from Al-Shabaab terrorists.
The police are expected to be deployed in Kismayo to maintain law and order.
The training entailed basic principles of policing, arrest of suspects and public order management. They recruits were also taught aspects of human rights law.
The pass out ceremony was graced by the Jubbaland President Ahmed Mohamed Islam, the deputy Special Representative of the AU Commission Chairperson for Somalia (DSRCC) Hon. Lydia Wanyoto, Somali Police Commissioner General Mohammed Sheikh Hamud, AMISOM Police Commissioner Anand Pillay and the UN Police Commissioner Christopher Buik among dignitaries.
AMISOM Police Contributing Countries include; Kenya, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Uganda and Nigeria.
- Kenya Police Newly Deployed Officers Fully Induct into AMISOM OSINT SUMMARY A group of ten Kenyan police officers newly deployed in Somalia […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Calls on African Countries To Contribute More Troops in Somalia AMISOM SUMMIT, DJIBOUTI 28th February 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta during […]
- Uganda Police Praised For Role Played In Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Uganda’s deputy inspector general of police Okoth-Ochola […]
- Uganda New Police Contingent Arrives in Somalia Uganda newly deployed police contingent arrived in Somalia on Tuesday 2nd August […]
- AMISOM Gradually Debasing Harakat Al Shabaab Al Mujahideen Says Report Recently concluded joint meeting between AMISOM Military Operations Coordination […]
- Police Detectives Questions Al-Shabaab ‘Brides’ Arrested in Kwale Kwale police detectives were on Friday 1st July 2016 question six terror suspects who […]
- UN Donates Vehicles To Kenya To Boost Security at Refugee Camps Garissa, April 28, 2016 The UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) on […]
- Over 200 Jubbaland Police Recruits Graduate in Kismayo Somalia More than two hundred police recruits (202) from Jubbaland state have graduated in […]