At least 15 Taliban terrorists were killed in own car bomb explosion that detonated prematurely in in northern Kunduz province of Afghanistan.
According to the Ministry of Interior, the Vehicle-borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) happened late on Sunday night in Imam Sahib District.
The ministry statement further point out that the VBIED was targeted at a security outpost but luckily it detonated prematurely killing 15 militants and injuring three others.
Kunduz has been mapped as among the relatively volatile provinces in northern Afghanistan where the Taliban terrorists are actively operating in its various districts and often conduct insurgency activities.
The VBIED explosion comes as a senior leader of the Taliban group Mullah Abdul Salam was killed in a US forces airstrike in Kunduz few days ago.
Mullah Salam was considered as a key Taliban group figure who had a major role in a series coordinated attacks on Kunduz city last year.
- Afghan Special Forces Retake Kunduz and Kill 150 Taliban Militants Thursday 1st October 2015 in a statement released by Afghanistan’s Ministry of Defense, […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- Senior Daesh Commander Killed in CT-Operation in Afghanistan A veteran commander of Islamic State (IS) terrorist group has been killed following a […]
- 45 Taliban & 10 Al-Qaeda Insurgents Killed in Afghanistan Raids At least 45 Taliban and 10 Al-Qaeda insurgents were killed in latest raids conducted […]
- Iraqi F-16 Fighter Jets Airstrikes Kill More than 100 Daesh Terrorists in Mosul More than 100 Daesh terrorists have been killed in northern Iraqi city of Mosul when […]
- Taliban’s Shadow Governor among 16 Terrorists Killed in Kunduz Airstrike At least sixteen Taliban terrorists including the shadow governor of the extremist […]
- US Air Strikes Kill 20 Taliban Militants in Afghanistan Operations KEY HIGHLIGHTS On Tuesday 20th October 2015, at least 20 Taliban militants reportedly […]