A total of 136 policemen from Nigeria have been awarded with medals to stamp the end of their obligation visit in war-torn Somalia.
The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) revealed this in an announcement discharged to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
The announcement said the policemen took an interest at a decoration parade on Tuesday to stamp the end of their one-year obligation term in the nation.
"The officers were given awards at a service directed by the Deputy Special Police Commissioner of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM). Somali Police Commissioner, Gen. Mohamed Sheik Hassan Hamud was additionally present, with a designation of Somali authorities," the announcement said.
The Chairperson of the African Union Commission (DSRCC) in Somalia, Lydia Wanyoto, valued the Nigerian government for supporting the peace procedure.
She communicated appreciation to the Somali Security Forces for perceiving Nigeria's commitment.
"We are here as a result of Somalia. What you have done for the benefit of the Somali government makes our work simple furthermore gives us the confidence to work significantly harder. I need to thank you for the administrations you have given, for volunteering to help the general population in Somalia," she said.
On his part, Hamud recognized the Nigeria police unforeseen for their commitments to the reclamation of lawfulness in his nation.
He said: "You have been great envoys and Somalia won't overlook Nigeria standing next to each other with its kin and the Federal Government."
The unforeseen, which would be supplanted by another, is the fifth unit to serve in Somalia under the AMISOM.
- AMISOM Troops Resolve To Enhance Cooperation with SNA in Fight against Al-Shabaab Terrorists MOGADISHU, August 5, 2016 AMISOM troops and Somali National Army (SNA) […]
- Over 200 Jubbaland Police Recruits Graduate in Kismayo Somalia More than two hundred police recruits (202) from Jubbaland state have graduated in […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- African Union Troops and Somali Forces Capture a Key Area in Southwest Somalia IN SUMMARY Somali government forces supported by the African Union […]
- SNA, AMISOM Conduct Joint Operation in Bay Region; Kill 8 Al-Shabaab Terrorists OSINT SUMMARY Recent military reports published by Somali National News […]
- 5 Al-Shabaab Operatives Killed in Seydhelow Southern Somalia At least 5 Al-Shabaab operatives were killed in the wake of battling between the […]
- 11 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Killed in Goofgaduud Village near Baidoa Southern Somalia Confirmed Military Intelligence (MI) from Somalia indicate that Somali National Army […]