The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces on Sunday announced the liberation of 98 villages in eastern countryside of Raqqa after clashes with Islamic States militants.
During the clashes, 124 ISIS terrorists were killed and an area of about 700 square kilometers captured by the SDF forces.
The neutralizing and liberating of ISIS terrorists comes as part of the Third Phase of the Euphrates Wrath Operation launched nine days ago, SDF spokeswoman Cihan Ehmed said.
The raid also saw large cache of weapons and ammunition seized from the ISIS dens.
On 10 December, the SDF launched the second phase of the Euphrates Wrath, during which it captured over 2500 km² in Western Raqqa while the third phase of the operation was launched on 4 February in Eastern Raqqa.
- Turkey’ Prime Minister Announces End to Military Operation in Syria Turkey's Prime Minister announced the end to the military operation Syria known […]
- Turkish Armed Forces Hit Nine Daesh Targets in Syria Turkish Armed Forces reportedly hit nine Daesh targets in Syria as part of the […]
- US-Backed Syrian Alliance Eyes Raqqa after Taking ISIS-held Military Airport A US-backed Syrian alliance made of Kurdish and Arab fighters took a military a […]
- Turkish-backed FSA Fighters Clears 617 Square Miles of ISIL in N.Syria Almost 1,600 square kilometers (617 square miles) of land in northern Syria has been […]
- Aleppo Liberation, Street Celebrations in Aleppo on News of Syrian Army Retaking City Celebrations have erupted in the streets of Aleppo following the news of Syrian army […]
- ISIS Suicide Bomber Blows Himself Up In Syria A suicide bomber linked to ISIS blew himself up just a few yards from a group of […]
- Kurdish-Led Forces Liberate Daesh-Held Qabsh Arbey Village Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) managed to liberate the village of Qabsh […]
- Islamic States (Daesh) Terrorists Loses 9 Towns & Villages in N. Syria Islamic States (Daesh) terrorists’ group has lost Dabiq, a strategic and […]