At least 12 Al-Qaeda fighters were on Thursday 2/3/2016 in five separate U.S. drone strikes in Yemen.
According to Yemen officials, the successful raid comes bare a month after American Commandos raided jihadists having a meeting in a home of a known Al-Qaeda member in Yashbum valley in the southern province of Shabwa province.
The first strike killed four suspected militants who had been standing outside the house belonging a terror figure.
Other strikes targeted an Al-Qaeda position east of the militant-held Abyan province town of Shaqra killing about eight terror figures, a security source said.
Successive US administrations have carried out a drone war against al Qaeda in Yemen since soon after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- U.S Commandos Kill over 30 Al-Qaeda Fighters in Bayda, Yemen Recent U.S military reports indicate that its Commando forces killed over 30 Al-Qaeda […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- U.S. Conducts Unprecedented 30 Airstrikes against AQAP in Yemen U.S. military in the last seven days have conducted more than 30 airstrikes against […]
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- White House Mourns U.S. Commando Killed in Al-Qaeda Operation in Yemen White House mourned the death of a Commando who was killed in the line of duty in an […]
- Arwa Baghdadi, a Saudi Woman who Joined Al-Qaeda Killed in Yemen The Saudi woman who fled to Yemen last year to join al-Qaeda has been killed in a US […]
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]