At eleven Taliban militants were killed in a roadside mine explosion in southern Kandahar province of Afghanistan on Wednesday night.
The incident happened in the vicinity of of Maiwand district of Kandahar a four by four vehicle belonging to the Taliban insurgents struck an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) planted by Taliban fighters targeting security forces.
According to a statement from local authorities eleven militants inside the vehicle were killed in the explosion.
Taliban militants frequently use IEDs as the weapon of choice to target security forces and government officials but in majority of such incidents, ordinary civilians end up as targets.
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- 7 Taliban Militants Killed in Eastern Afghan Airstrikes OSINT SUMMARY Taliban militant group continue to suffer a heavy blow after […]
- Two Taliban Commanders among 11 Terrorists Killed in Helmand Airstrike Thursday 23/2/2017, at least 11 Taliban terrorists were killed in an airstrike […]
- 50 Taliban Militants Give up Fighting, Surrenders in N. Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY A 50-member cell of armed Taliban militants reportedly gave up […]
- SNA Seize IEDs in Mogadishu Sweep SNA and NISA carried out a security operation in Somali’s capital Mogadishu in […]
- 45 Taliban & 10 Al-Qaeda Insurgents Killed in Afghanistan Raids At least 45 Taliban and 10 Al-Qaeda insurgents were killed in latest raids conducted […]
- Afghan Forces Kill 51 Taliban Takfiris KABUL, Afghanistan June 17, 2016 Afghan army has killed dozens of Taliban […]
- Car Bomb Explosion at Entrance of Wehliye Hotel in Mogadishu, Five Killed Monday 13/3/2017 At least five people have been killed in a car bomb that exploded at […]