Credible OSINT reports from Somalia reveal that 10 Al-Shabaab militants were arrested over a botched attempt to assassinate a Somali lawmaker in Luq town, Gedo region over the weekend.
The Al Qaeda affiliated militants were arrested and weapons reportedly were meant to conduct an attack were recovered. The militant believed wanted to assassinate the lawmaker together with his family.
Government troops supported by AMISOM forces launched house to house searches suspected to be hideout and sleeper cells of the Al-Shabaab whereby ten militants were apprehended.
Lawmaker Sheikh Sha’ir and his wife managed to escape assassination bid unharmed.
No group or individual has claimed responsibility for the botched grenade attack, but Al-Shabaab has severally targeted military components in Somalia as well as prominent government officials.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Major Security Operations Launched in Garas-Balay Nab Dozens Al Shabaab Suspects OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 4th October 2015, a major security operation was launched by […]
- Over 10 Al-Shabaab Terrorist Combatants Killed in Clash with Allied Forces at Idale Village Military Intelligence (MI) report from Somalia indicate that at least 10 Al-Shabaab […]
- SNA, AMISOM Troops Carry Out Security Sweep in Adan Yabal OSINT SUMMARY SNA backed by AMISOM troops continues to carry out security […]
- Security Mop-Up Operations in Barawe and Afgooye Nabs Over 20 Linked To Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group BARAWE, AFGOOYE Somalia, March 16, 2016 Latest military reports from Somalia […]
- Galkaayo Somalia Car Bomb Blast, Death Toll Rises to 23 The suicide car bomb blast that took place on Sunday 21st August 2016 in Galkaayo […]
- Somali Government Declares War against Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Terrorists The Federal government of Somalia in the wake of recent attack witnessed in Mogadishu […]
- Galmudug Forces Repulse Al-Shabaab Militant Out of Amara Area in Southern Mudug OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that Galmudug […]